A team from Yemen’s legitimate government, Houthi militias and others from the United Nations has begun deploying in the lines of contact in Hodeidah, pursuant to a plan to implement last year’s Swedish agreement on redeployment in the city and its ports.
A source said on Sunday that the tripartite committee began on Saturday to establish the first point of control on the lines of contact to be completed within a week.
After that, the rest of the plan will be implemented, which is to verify the exit of Houthi militia elements from the three ports (Hodeidah, Salif and Ras Issa), and the elements that took over the ports, and the repositioning of forces outside the city over 20 kilometers and 50 kilometers.
The source said that the head of the redeployment team, Indian General Abhijit Guha supervised the installation of the first observation point of the ceasefire in the first phase, which includes four points.
The Khamiri area south of Hodeidah witnessed the establishment of the first point to follow up on the ceasefire, according to the Swedish agreement and the findings of the joint committee.
According to the plan, it is expected to be the establishment of the second control points in the city of Saleh, on Sunday, with the third point in the area of Hosh al-Baqar overlooking the the fourth point in the scene.
Read more related articles about the yemen: https://www.yemenwatch.com/category/uncategorized/