The Yemeni government on Sunday accused the Houthi Ansar Allah group of holding shipments of drugs for cancer patients in the central Yemeni province of Ibb and attacking a relief team.
The detention of the Houthis for these drugs threatens the lives of more than 3,000 cancer patients in Ibb province, especially after nearly 50% of the cancer drugs have been lost.
Last month, the Houthis detained more than 25 trucks and locomotives for the World Food Program carrying relief aid and oil derivatives for hospitals in Ibb province.
“These acts are terrorist crimes that target society in general and contravene international laws, and warn of the collapse of the health sector in the province and the humanitarian situation in general.”
“The continued silence of humanitarian coordinator in Yemen, on these practices is unfortunate and unacceptable, and encourages the Huthis to carry out further detention of relief convoys”
“UN officials urgently press the Huthis to stop their attacks on relief organizations in Yemen,” the relief committee said.
The committee accused the “Huthis of assaulting and shooting at the CARE team in Ibb province and taking 279 food baskets.”
Yemen is suffering from four years of fighting between the Houthis on the one hand and the Yemeni army is the worst humanitarian crisis in the world.
Thousands of people have been killed and wounded, according to the United Nations, and 22 million people, about 75 percent of the population are in the
the need for a form of humanitarian assistance and protection.
The United Arab Emirates has provided new support to the security department in the Yemeni capital of Aden.
The commander of the police cell of the Arab Coalition Forces in Aden on Wednesday morning, 12-6-2019, handed over a security protection vehicle to the Criminal Investigation Department.
The Director-General of Aden Security, General Shalal Ali Shaya, valued the support provided by the United Arab Emirates for security in Aden.
He said that the support provided by the United Arab Emirates contributed to the advancement of the security apparatus as a whole, because of the service as war almost disabled due to lack of resources.
He added: that the UAE took care of the rehabilitation of facilities for police stations and civil defence also trained many security cadres in various
departments and facilities and provided us with equipment, machinery on a continuous basis and contributed to the support of the return of the
He expressed his thanks and appreciation to the countries of the Arab alliance, especially the UAE, which accompanied the logistical and military
support from the outset.
The Arab Coalition to Recover Legitimacy in Yemen on Monday launched an emergency relief campaign, and an air bridge, to alleviate the struggling of these subject to heavy rain and floods in Aden and environment areas in Yemen.
Colonel Turki Al-Maliki, Spokesperson for the Coalition, claimed that the coalition was offering food, medicine, housing materials, reopening roads, draining flooded streets and residential areas, repairing electricity networks, spraying insecticides for post-flood pest management, and also offering shelter for replaced Yemenis in camps in Aden, Lahj and nearby cities.
In collaboration with the Combined Forces of the Yemeni Lawful Aid Coalition, both The King Salman Humanitarian Aid and Relief Center(KSRelief), along with the Saudi Program for the Development and Reconstruction of Yemen(SDRPY), are involved in the Coalition’s emergency relief campaign.
For his part, Yemen’s Minister of Local Administration praised the Coalition’s quick reaction to the damage due to the floods and also preserved that the Yemeni government works in close coordination with donors to address the requirements of these subject to heavy rain and also floods.
Unidentified gunmen blew up an oil pipeline in Yemen’s southeastern province of Shabwa on Tuesday, leading to a huge explosion, a security official told media.
“A group of unidentified gunmen used explosive devices and blew up a crude oil pipeline in Radhum district of Shabwa Province,” the security source stated on condition of anonymity.
The focused pipeline transports crude oil from the field of Uqla to Ayadh sector in Jardan district, and then to Alnushima area near an oil port on the coast of the Arabian Sea, he added.
An authorized source from Yemen’s Oil Ministry said around 15,000 to 17,000 barrels of oil were daily exported through the sabotaged pipeline from oil fields in the government-controlled Shabwa.
Tardy last year, oil production and export were resumed in Shabwa, following years of unrest that forced oil companies in the province to quit their operations.
No groups possess so far claimed responsibility for the blast, however, earlier comparable attacks in the region were claimed by al-Qaida militants.
Shabwa boasts five companies of crude oil production, which produce about 15,000 barrels per day.
The Yemen-based al-Qaida branch and the Islamic State militants are energetic in the mountainous areas in the provinces of Shabwa and neighboring Abyan, performing sporadic attacks against government forces.
Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces, received Yemeni Prime Minister, Dr. Moeen Abdulmalik.
His Highness and the Yemeni Prime Minister discussed the fraternal relations and cooperation between the two brotherly countries in addition to developments in the Yemeni arena.
The two sides reviewed efforts at all levels, humanitarian initiatives and development programs implemented by the UAE to restore stability and security to Yemen and its people and overcome the challenges it faces.
His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Al Nahyan reiterates the UAE’s commitment to supporting the Yemeni people and the return of security and stability to the country, stressing the country’s genuine and steadfast approach in supporting them in all circumstances. The interests of the Arab people, the support of their causes, and the maintenance of Arab national security.
The Yemeni Prime Minister paid tribute to the efforts of the UAE to support Yemen and its people at various levels of development, humanitarian, security and economic.
Especially the rehabilitation of vital health, educational and social facilities and public services, which are fundamental pillars of the return of normal life and stability to all areas of Yemen, and to consolidate security and improve the various aspects of life, praising the noble historic brotherhood of the UAE, within the Arab Alliance to support legitimacy in Yemen.
Yemen’s Houthi rebels have released a minimum of 2 drones focusing on southwest Saudi town that’s residence to an airbase.
The Houthis’ Al-Masirah satellite news channel reported early Tuesday the rebels launched Qasef-2K drones to hit the city of Khamis Mushait.
The state-run Saudi Press Agency reported Tuesday, quoting military spokesperson Col. Turki al-Maliki, that servants “intercepted” two drones launched by the Houthis.
The Iranian-allied Houthis progressively have targeted the kingdom with bomb-carrying drones.
Khamis Mushait, certain 815 kilometers (510 miles) southwest of the capital, Riyadh, is close to the kingdom’s border with Yemen.
Yemen’s Foreign Minister Khaled Al Yamani has resigned, a year after he got the post, Dubai-based Al Arabiya television revealed on Monday.
Al Yamani, 59, has presented his resignation to President Abd Rabbo Mansour Hadi, the television stated without giving a reason.
There seemed to be no official confirmation from the Yemeni government.
The reported resignation arrives shortly before an estimated check out by assistance to UN chief Antonio Guterres to Saudi Arabia where Hadi is living.
Last month, Hadi supposedly complained to Guterres regarding perceived bias by UN envoy for Yemen Martin Griffiths in the direction of Yemen’s Iran-allied Al Houthi militants, who needed to be unseated the Yemeni internationally-recognized government in late 2014.
The Yemeni forces and the security belt launched artillery bombardment at a number of positions of the pro-Iranian Houthi militia in the north and west of Dalea province, south of Yemen.
According to the sources, the Joint Resistance Forces bombed Houthi targets north of the “al-Ribi” area and the outskirts of the “Beja” area.
The coalition forces have evacuated the houses and neighborhoods of the west of Shakhab (west of Qatuba) from the remains of Huthi militia hubs and barracks, while military operations continue to clear areas and reefs .
At the same time, the Houthi militias cut the Qatbah-Ibb road and the secondary roads through which the trucks pass through the Oud area between the governorates of Ibb and Al-Dali, thus completely blocking the traffic in this vital line.
On the other hand, the militias carried out campaigns of assault and kidnapping against citizens, under the pretext of cooperation with the resistance and the alliance.
They took several of the abductees to unknown places, causing fear and panic among women and children.
The Red Crescent of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) has launched distribution of 1,000 food baskets in the Mu’afir district in Taiz.
This comes as part of a series of humanitarian and charitable projects offered by the UAE in Yemen during the holy month of Ramadan, which meets the needs of poor families.
The campaign was preceded by a survey and field clearance by the volunteer team of the UAE Red Crescent Al-Mashmar, Director General of Al-Ma’afer Directorate, praised the efforts of the UAE in various service and development fields, stressing that they are in the local authority ready to provide all facilities that contribute to providing assistance to citizens.
The beneficiaries of the aid gave a word of thanks to the Red Crescent of the UAE for its charitable work, which helps them and covers their needs in light of the difficult conditions they live.
The World Health Organisation ( WHO ) has hailed the US$20 million provided by the United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia to battle cholera in Yemen.
“The UAE-Saudi economic assistance is favorable to quitting the occurrence of cholera in the communities most heavily affected by the illness while helping in building capabilities to build an efficient and quick response to the epidemic in the future,” said Altaf S. Musani, Consultant and Head of Mission at World Health Organisation, in Yemen.
Saudi Arabia and the UAE on April 9, 2019, pledged $200 million worth of aid to Yemen.
Around $140 million is allocated to the World Food Programme to bridge the funding gaps for food requirements, while $40m will go to the UNICEF to address sterilization problems and malnutrition among women and children.
WHO will get $20m to help control cholera in 147 most heavily impacted places by increasing the number of medical centers and vaccination promotions, and providing clean water and sterilization services.
The world organization has claimed that the two countries have provided a total of $145 .6 million in aid since 2018 , thanks to which two million women have got crisis reproductive health services in Q1-2019 in addition to repairing 25 first-aid facilities in remote areas inhabited by Internally Displaced People along with offering healthcare services to around 50 ,000 people and vaccinating 18 million against cholera , diphtheria , measles , polio and also German measles .